- "Immune to being inflicted with bad status effects, including death and dispel."
- ―Bless' hover-over tip, Epic Battle Fantasy 4
- Bless does not clear already inflicted status effects, neither it can shield from their effects.
- As an exception, Bless can negate Doom's Death effect.
- It also doesn't affect self-induced statuses, such as Bone Armor's Curse or Legend's Tired.
- Bless also blocks Wet and most instances of Berserk. The latter has two exceptions: the Berserk skill, which bypasses any resistances when used on a playable character, and all enemy skills that apply Berserk on the user, such as Tanuki Dog's alcoheal, for similar reason.
- Blocking status infliction doesn't drain Bless' length.
Like most status effects, it vanishes after the battle, upon death (except if with Auto-Revive), or after a number of turns. As it cannot be Dispelled, the only way to get rid of it on a foe is to wait for it to wear off with time.
Bless is available to the players through the following skills and equipment:
- Refresh — 100% chance, 3x length.
- Mother Earth (Anna's Limit Break) — 100% chance, 5x length, targets all players.
- Oak Staff (staff) may inflict the status on the user — up to 50% chance and 2x length.
- Pink Flower (female hat) may inflict the status on the user — up to 50% chance and 1x length.
- Clover Pin (flair) may inflict the status on the user — up to 40% chance and 1x length.
Enemy abilities that utilize Bless:
- Cave Crab's self-buff on Hard/Epic — 100% chance, 3x length.
- Dark Anna's self-heal — 100% chance, 5x length.
- Gold Dragon's self-heal — 100% chance, 3x length.
- Heasy's Refresh — 100% chance, 3x legth.
- Igloo Fort's rally — 100% chance, 3x length, targets all foes.
- Rainbow Rafflesia's healing skill on Hard/Epic — 100% chance, 9x length, targets all foes.