- "Oh dear Godcat, I'm hideous! (I might have looked a bit like that during my goth phase...)"
- ―Natalie, Epic Battle Fantasy 4
- "(Woah! Evil Natalie is even hotter than the real one! Well, maybe if you put a bag over her head...)"
- ―Lance, Epic Battle Fantasy 4
Dark Natalie resembles Natalie, but with a grim, undead appearance. Her skin is reddish-grey, her hair is dull black with blood-like details on the tips, and her eyes are reduced to black holes with tiny red pupils, similar to the other Dark Players. Her mouth appears to be melting shut, and she has a small red tattoo on her neck, resembling an arched rune with tiny bat wings.
She wears modified versions of the Dark Gown and the Dark Bauble; the former has part of the chest area cut out to expose even more of her cleavage, while the latter has a faint red glow instead of the normal version's violet glow. Her weapon of choice is the Death Scythe.
Dark Natalie has high magic attack and very high magic defence, but lowest defence and health out of all Dark Players. She primarily uses multi-target elemental spells against the team, favoring Fire, Ice, and Dark magic. Occasionally, she will attempt to defend and cast Berserk on herself, allowing her to unleash a flurry of devastating physical attacks the following turn. She starts the battle with a Red Crystal and a Blue Crystal on her side, and may summon more Crystals if those were defeated.
Like the other Dark Players, Dark Natalie can charge up a Limit Break bar by taking damage. When her bar is full, she can use Black Hole, Supernova or Absolute Zero to deal very high elemental magical damage to the team.
|Uses dark, fire and ice elemental attacks. Has high magic defence. Summons Red and Blue Crystals.|
Attacks and Abilities
|Notes: Number of attacks is calculated by: Current Berserk strength + 1, usually giving 3 attacks, each with 100 power, for a total of 300 power.|
The attack can be used only under the Berserk effect. Consumes Berserk with each attack.
(Heal & Buff)
(Buff & Berserk)
|Notes: Respawns the defeated Crystals, if any.|
|Notes: Limit Break!|
|Notes: Limit Break!|
|Notes: Limit Break!|
The following describes general logic of the enemy and attack patterns, with chances of each attack to be used. Conditions are listed from highest to lowest priority unless specified otherwise.
- Berserked → Scythe attack;
- Limit Break → Respawns the defeated Crystals, if any, then casts either of the following: Supernova (1/3), Absolute Zero (1/3), Black Hole (1/3);
- ≥65% HP → Eat Bat (1/4), Firestorm (1/4), Icestorm (1/4), Pulsar (1/4);
- ≥32% HP → Eat Bat (1/5), Firestorm (1/5), Icestorm (1/5), Pulsar (1/5), Defend (1/5);
- <32% HP → Firestorm (2/9), Icestorm (2/9), Pulsar (2/9), Defend (3/9).
- In the first encounter, the battle starts with a Red Crystal and a Blue Crystal on her side.
- In the first encounter, Dark Natalie may have no more than two allies at the same time. In the Dark Players Marathon, she can't have more than one ally at a time, including the accompanying Dark Player, and will not summon any Blue Crystals.
- Eat Bat may be used no more often than once in four turns; meanwhile, an attempt to initiate said ability would result in Defend instead.
In this battle, elemental resistances are imperative for surviving. Therefore, the equipment must focus primarily on resistances. 100% Fire, Ice and Dark resistance would result in total immunity to most of Dark Natalie's attacks (barring the Berserked scythe attack, which you can cancel, and her three limit breaks). The following sets of equipment is designed to capitalize on this, while also taking Instant Death into account to avoid a party wipe by Black Hole.
Either Matt or Lance would be the main damage dealer, while the other one would sit in backup with any gear he'd like; Anna is a secondary attacker, and Natalie is for support. You'll have to choose between giving Cursed Charm to Matt/Lance and Silver Cross to Natalie or vice versa; it doesn't matter much. This equipment will make all active players highly resistant to the vast majority of Dark Natalie's attacks, making healing less of a priority.
As most of Dark Natalie's attacks and negative status effects can be nullified without much effort, she is arguably the easiest of the four Dark Players. The only things to worry about are the scythe attack, the half-fire Supernova, and, to a lesser extent, the Crystals she summons.
Whenever Dark Natalie would send herself into Berserk state, immediately drench her with Water or attack her with an Ice-elemental skill, to cancel the status effect. Her physical attacks are about as strong as her spells, while being much more difficult to resist, and have an extremely high chance to cause Instant Death; all in all, there's no reason to deal with them when they can be avoided easily.
An interesting fact: The number of attacks of Berserked Dark Natalie is not fixed and depends on the strength of the Berserk status effect, allowing up to 9 attacks in a single turn, with a total of 900 power. However, she never applies more than a 3x Berserk to herself, with all of it being consumed by the attacks; there is no way for her to attack more than 3 times without player's intervention in form of applying more Berserk to her.
Unfortunately, Supernova cannot be avoided like that, and only one player at a time can nullify it by collecting 200% Fire resistance, and only by dropping other resistances, which is not worth it. Instead, in case you fear that 100% Fire resistance may be not enough (which is quite a possibility), simply use the Kitten Fort summon each time Dark Natalie charges a limit break, and heal the party to at least >50% of their health if necessary, so Kitten Fort's Morale will take effect. This should guarantee survival, unless attacked by a Crystal immediately after Supernova.
Defending or/and debuffing Dark Natalie's magic attack works as well; the Ancient Monolith summon helps with Defending nicely. Genesis is also an option, if nothing else is available.
- Dark Natalie's casting animation is a modified version of Natalie's equipment changing animation.
- Like Natalie, Dark Natalie's breasts can be clicked to make them bounce. This counts toward the "Pervert" medal.
- Certain material and comments from the creator imply that Dark Natalie is a succubus.
- Dark Natalie is also the only Dark Player with 3 limit breaks to choose from, rather than 2.