FANDOM


Stat Defence
This article lists the ways to impact the Defence stat. For a general description of the stat, see Stats#Defence.

Epic Battle Fantasy

Defence buffs are available to players only through the following skill:

  • Protect — Sets the (de)buff state to +65%, targets both players.

Swords providing bonuses to Defence:

Defence debuffs are available to players only through the following skill:

No enemy abilities can buff or debuff Defence yet.

Epic Battle Fantasy 2

Defence buffs are available to players through the following means:

  • Protect — Sets the (de)buff state to +65%, targets both players.
  • Kyun (Limit Break) — Buffs by 40% normally, targets both players.
  • Protection (P) (skill bonus for Natalie) — Buffs Defence by 15% normally when hurt by a powerful physical attack and thrown offscreen.

Swords providing bonuses to Defence:

While some skill bonuses do provide a boost to base Defence, that part of the stat is completely ignored in damage calculation, together with this sort of boosts. (Same with Magic Defence.)

Skill bonuses providing resistance against Defence debuffs:

  • Immunity for Natalie — Grants 50% chance to dodge any bad status effect or stat debuff, independent of their infliction chance.
  • Immunity x2 for Natalie — Grants actual immunity to all bad statuses and debuffs.

Defence debuffs are available to players through the following means:

  • Unleash with Stone Edge — 300% chance, 40% strength.
  • Airstrike's black bomb — 100% chance, 30% strength, targets all foes.
  • Beholder's laser (summon) — 100% chance, 20% strength, targets all foes.
  • Kyun (Limit Break) — 100% chance, 40% strength, targets all foes, ignores resistances.

Enemy abilities that can buff Defence:

  • Glacier Eater's shell smash — 70% strength, targets self.
  • Guardian's repair (Epic only) — 25% strength, targets self. Will take effect only if current (de)buff state of the stat is below +30%.
  • Rock Eater's shell smash — 30% strength, targets self.
  • On Hard/Epic, Valkyrie receives 20% or 40% (depending on difficulty) buff each time Lance or Cooler are defeated.

Enemy attacks that can debuff Defence:

  • Giga Golem's sword strike — 20% (100% on Epic) chance, 20% (30% on Epic) strength.
  • Flybot's drills (3rd hit only) — 50% chance, 20% strength.
  • Red Bee's supersonic wave — 80% chance, 20% strength.
  • Sandworm's blood vomit (3rd hit only) — 60% chance, 30% strength, targets both players.
  • Sandworm's swallow — 150% chance, 30% strength.
  • Satelite Dish's debuff (standard hit only) — 20% chance, 40% strength, targets both players.
  • Spikey Moth's supersonic wave — 80% chance, 20% strength.
  • Tank Top's napalm (3rd hit only) — 80% chance, 25% strength, targets both players.
  • Zombie Hydra's single bite — 50% chance, 20% strength.
  • Zombie Hydra's Haunt (3rd hit only) — 60% chance, 20% strength, targets both players.

Epic Battle Fantasy 3

Defence buffs are available to players through the following means:

  • Guardian — up to 60% strength.
  • Protect — up to 70% strength, targets all players.
  • Kyun (Limit Break) — up to 50% strength, targets all players.
  • Unleash with Blood Blade (sword) — up to 25% strength, targets self.
  • Unleash with Heavy Claw (gun) — up to 50% strength, targets self.
  • Unleash with God Hand (gun) — up to 25% strength, targets self.
  • Cow Costume (female armor) buffs the user when hit by a powerful attack and thrown offscreen — 15% strength at level 4 and 20% at level 5.

Equipment providing bonuses to Defence:

Equipment with resistance to Defence debuffs:

Defence debuffs are available to players through the following means:

  • Debilitate — 100% chance, 35% strength, targets all foes.
  • Fireball (only at level 3) — 40% chance, 20% strength.
    • However, this skill won't ever debuff anything when initiated by equipment.
  • Firestorm (only at level 3) — 30% chance, 5% strength, 3 hits, targets all foes.
  • Kyun (Limit Break) — up to 100% chance and 50% strength, targets all foes.
  • Unleash with Gaia Axe (sword) — up to 150% chance and 50% strength.
  • Unleash with Blood Blade (sword) — up to 150% chance and 25% strength.
  • Heavy Claw (gun) — up to 50% chance and 20% strength at base.
  • Unleash with Life Shaver (sword) — 100% chance, 50% strength, targets self, ignores resistances.
  • Unleash with Death Bringer (staff) — 100% chance, 50% strength, targets self, ignores resistances.

Enemy abilities that can buff Defence:

  • Akron's claw spawn — 50% strength, targets self.
  • Blaze buffs self by 70% each time another head dies.
  • Czars' buff & heal — 30% strength, targets all foes.
  • Garden Snail's shell visit — 30% strength, targets self.
  • Giant Squid's arm regrow — 30% strength, targets self.
  • Glacier Eater's shell smash — 60% strength, targets self.
  • Holy Rune's buff — 30% strength, targets all foes.
  • Leaf Eater's unused shell smash — 60% strength, targets self.
  • Light Clay's attack potion — 70% strength.
  • Light Golem's self-buff — 50% strength.
  • Rune Claw's heal — 20% strength, targets all foes.
  • Spike Crab's shell visit — 40% strength, targets self.
  • Spiral Crab's shell visit — 40% strength, targets self.

Enemy attacks that can debuff Defence:

  • Akron's dark beam — 80% chance, 30% strength, targets all players.
  • Blaze's melee fire burp — 100% chance, 50% strength.
  • Blaze's red Megaflare — 70% chance, 20% strength, targets all players.
  • Czars' Firestorm — 50% chance, 5% strength, 3 hits, targets all players.
  • Dark Bush's thin tone scream — 100% chance, 30% strength.
  • Dark Clay's Haunt — ≈13% chance, 300% strength, 5 hits.
  • Dark Golem's hammer strike — 50% chance, 30% strength.
  • Dark Golem's Haunt (Epic only) — ≈13% chance, 300% strength, 5 hits.
  • Dark Moth's supersonic wave — 100% chance, 50% strength.
  • Fire Elemental's glowing blade — 100% chance, 30% strength.
  • Giant Red Slime's Firestorm — 50% chance, 5% strength, 3 hits, targets all players.
  • Green Bush's thin tone scream — 100% chance, 20% strength.
  • Jack's flamethrower — 30% chance, 20% strength, 3 hits, targets all players.
  • Lava Eater's fireballs — 10% (60% on Epic) chance, 205 strength, 4 hits, targets all players.
  • Light Golem's hammer strike — 50% chance, 30% strength.
  • Mage Bird's Fireball — 30% chance, 20% strength.
  • Red Bee's supersonic wave — 70% chance, 40% strength.
  • Red Bush's thin tone scream — 100% chance, 20% strength.
  • Rune Claw's Dark Flare (1st hit only) (only in Dark mode) — 100% chance, 50% strength.
  • Rune Claw's Firestorm (only in Fire mode) — 50% chance, 5% strength, 3 hits, targets all players.
  • Rune Claw's Haunt (only in Dark mode) — ≈13% chance, 300% strength, 5 hits.
  • Skull Ghost's Dark Flare (1st hit only) — 100% chance, 50% strength.
  • Tundra Mammoth's Stampede — 60% chance, 10% strength, 5 hits, targets all players.
  • White Bush's thin tone scream — 100% chance, 30% strength.
  • Yellow Bee's supersonic wave — 70% chance, 40% strength.

Epic Battle Fantasy 4

Stats before the Battle Mountain update are listed in brackets.

For everything related to the Curse status, which slowly debuffs Defence over time, see its own article.

Defence buffs are available to players through the following means:

  • Guardian — up to 70% strength.
  • Protect — up to 70% strength, targets all players.
  • Kyun (Limit Break) — up to 50% strength, targets all players.
  • Golden Armor (male armor, Premium only), Cow Costume (female armor) and Bowling Ball Badge (flair) buff the user when hit by a powerful attack and thrown offscreen — up to 30% strength.

Equipment providing bonuses to Defence:

Defence debuffs are available to players through the following means:

  • Debilitate — up to 95% chance and 35% strength, targets all foes.
  • Fire Spin (Premium only) — up to 100% chance and 25% strength, targets all foes.
  • Beholder's laser (summon) — 100% chance, 30% strength, targets all foes.

Enemy abilities that can buff Defence:

  • Undead Bear buffs self by 25% when hit by a powerful attack.

Enemy attacks that can debuff Defence:

  • Black Wasp's supersonic wave (1st hit only) — 100% chance, 10% strength, targets all players.
  • Coal Bat's horrible sound — 100% chance, 25% (35% on Hard/Epic) strength.
  • Crystal Golem's Fire Crystals — 23% chance, 20% strength, 3 hits.
  • Dark Bush's scream — 70% chance, 20% (30% on Hard/Epic) chance, targets all players.
  • Dark Matt's Legend — 100% chance and 10% strength with first 8 hits, 100% chance and 30% strength with the final hit.
  • Diamond Golem's Fire Crystals — 23% chance, 20% strength, 3 hits.
  • Drill Bot's energy waves — 100% chance, 30% strength.
  • Red Bush's scream — 70% chance, 20% (30% on Hard/Epic) chance, targets all players.
  • Red Dragon's red Megaflare — 100% chance, 20% strength, targets all players.
  • Red Wasp's supersonic wave — 100% chance, 20% strength, targets all players.
  • The Destroyer's Fire Spin — 50% chance, 15% strength, targets all players.
  • The Destroyer's skeleton cats — 100% chance, 25% strength, 6 hits, targets random players.
  • Yellow Wasp's supersonic wave — 100% chance, 15% strength, targets all players.
  • Zombie Hydra's Fire Spin — 50% chance, 15% strength, targets all players.