FANDOM


To do: Adventure Story information.
The Green Bush is a recurring enemy in the Epic Battle Fantasy series, first appearing in Epic Battle Fantasy 3. It appears mostly in nature/forest-themed areas, such as Vegetable Forest, Lankyroot Jungle and the still-green part of Ashwood Forest. It is one of the most basic and iconic members of the Bush family.

Appearance

The Green Bush is a small creature made out of leaves. It has two green eyes, two "hands", and a small branch protruding out of its head. In EBF3, some individuals also have leaves or flowers on their heads, but this is purely cosmetic.

Overview

EBF

Green Bush is one of the weakest foes in any game. While it can inflict debuffs (Defence in EBF3 and Attack in EBF4&5), making the players an easier target for the bush's stronger allies, its low health and several elemental weaknesses ({e|Fire}}, Earth, Poison/Bio and, except in EBF3, Wind) make it unlikely to survive a turn. It does absorb Water-elemental attacks though.

Adventure Story

...

Statistics

Epic Battle Fantasy 3

EBF3 Foe Icon Green Bush
Green Bush Small Shrub EBF3
A timid creature well hidden among other plants.
Statistics
Base
Statistics
Stat HP Stat Attack Stat Defence Stat Magic Stat Mdef Stat Accuracy Stat Evade Exp AP Gold
60 4 4 4 4 4 4 6 1 4
Elemental
Resistance
Element Fire Element Thunder Element Ice Element Water Element Wind Element Earth Element Poison Element Dark Element Holy Element Bomb
-70% - - 150% - -50% -40% - - -
Status
Resistance
Status Poison Status Syphon Status Dispel Status Doom Status Berserk Status Stun Status Death
- - - - -100% - -
Debuff
Resistance
StatDown Attack StatDown Magic StatDown Defence StatDown Mdef StatDown Accuracy StatDown Evade
- - - - - -
Item Drop Rate
Icon Item Herb Item Cactus - - - - -
Name Herb Cactus - - - - -
Chance 40% 5% - - - - -

Epic Battle Fantasy 4

Icon bestiary ebf4 green bush Green Bush EBF4
A timid creature which uses non-elemental attacks and can lower the party's attack[incorrect].
Statistics
Base
Statistics
Stat HP Stat Attack Stat Defence Stat Magic Stat Mdef Stat Accuracy Stat Evade Exp AP SP Gold Hit2HP
65 4 4 4 4 4 4 6.5 1 1 4.5 50
Elemental
Resistance
Element Fire Element Thunder Element Ice Element Earth Element Poison Element Bomb Element Wind Element Water Element Holy Element Dark
-100% - - -60% -80% - -80% 150% - -
Status
Resistance
Status Burn Status Stun Status Freeze Status Tired Status Poison Status Dispel Status Stagger Status Syphon Status Wet Status Weaken Status Curse Status Death
-200% - - - - - -100% - - - - -
Debuff
Resistance
StatDown Attack StatDown Magic StatDown Defence StatDown Mdef StatDown Accuracy StatDown Evade
- - - - - -
Item Drop Rate
Icon Item Lanky Root Item Kiwi Item Ogle Berries - - - -
Name Lanky Root Kiwi Ogle Berries - - - -
Chance 10% 40% 35% - - - -
Status Damage
Damage taken from status effects, in % of maximum health (per turn), including elemental resistances:
Status Burn Burn Status Poison Poison Status Doom Doom
(if Death fails)
Status Regen Regen
14% 5.4% per stack,
up to 48.6%
25% -33.(3)%
Final damage is randomized by ±5% (except for Doom) and rounded down.

Epic Battle Fantasy 5

EBF5 Foe Icon Green Bush
Green Bush EBF5
It's just a regular bush. There's nothing interesting to say about it, really. It might sometimes scream at you.
Statistics
Base
Statistics
Stat HP Stat Attack Stat Defence Stat Magic Stat Mdef Stat Accuracy Stat Evade Exp AP SP Gold Hit2HP Catch
65 4 4 4 4 4 4 6.5 1 1 4.5 50 80
Elemental
Resistance
EBF5 Element Fire EBF5 Element Thunder EBF5 Element Ice EBF5 Element Earth EBF5 Element Bio EBF5 Element Bomb EBF5 Element Water EBF5 Element Wind EBF5 Element Holy EBF5 Element Dark
-80% - - -50% -80% - 150% -50% - -
Status
Resistance
EBF5 Status Burn+Scorch EBF5 Status Stun EBF5 Status Chill+Freeze EBF5 Status Poison+Virus EBF5 Status Syphon EBF5 Status Curse+Bad Luck EBF5 Status Stagger+Confuse EBF5 Status Wet+Dry EBF5 Status Heavy+Light EBF5 Status Weak+Tired EBF5 Status Dispel EBF5 Status Death
-100% - - - - - -100% -100% - - - -
Debuff
Resistance
EBF5 StatDown Attack EBF5 StatDown Magic EBF5 StatDown Defence EBF5 StatDown Mdef EBF5 StatDown Accuracy EBF5 StatDown Evade
- - - - - -
Status Damage
Damage taken from status effects, in % of maximum health (per turn), including elemental resistances:
EBF5 Status Burn Burn EBF5 Status Poison Poison EBF5 Status Virus Virus EBF5 Status Doom Doom
(if Death fails)
EBF5 Status Regenerate Regen
6.3% per stack,
up to 56.7%
5.4% per stack,
up to 48.6%
10.8% per stack,
up to 97.2%
25% -33.(3)%
Damage taken from first three is decreased by 30% on Easy and 65% on Zero difficulties.
Final damage is randomized by ±5% (except for Doom) and rounded down.

Attacks and Abilities

Epic Battle Fantasy 3

Attack List
Attack Target Power Type Element Status Effect Acc Crit RdF
Leaf Stab Single 12 Stat Attack 40% Element Poison 10% 1x Status Poison 100% 10% 10%
Bite Single 15 Stat Attack ---- -- -- -- 90% 30% 10%
Thin Tone Scream Single 10 Stat Magic 100% Element Wind 100% 20% StatDown Defence 100% 0% 10%
Deep Tone Scream Self -- -- ---- -- 50% Stat Attack -- -- --

Epic Battle Fantasy 4

Attack List
Attack Target Power Type Element Status Effect Acc Crit RdF
Leaf Stab Single 13 Stat Attack ---- -- -- -- 100% 10% 10%
Bite Single 22 Stat Attack ---- -- -- -- 100% 10% 10%
Notes: Has no usage conditions set, and therefore may not be seen during normal gameplay.
Scream All -- -- ---- 70% 20% StatDown Attack 100% -- --
Notes: On Hard and Epic difficulties, debuff strength is increased to 30%.
Has no usage conditions set, and therefore may not be seen during normal gameplay.

Epic Battle Fantasy 5

Attack List
Attack Target Power Type Element Status Effect Acc Crit RdF
Hit Single 13 Stat Attack 20% EBF5 Element Bio -- -- -- 100% 10% 10%
Nettle Single 22 Stat Attack 100% EBF5 Element Bio 30% 2x EBF5 Status Poison 100% 10% 10%
Scream all ---- 75% 15% EBF5 StatDown Attack 100% -- --
Notes: 75% chance of 25%EBF5 StatDown Attack Attack Debuff on Hard or Epic difficulties.

Battle logic

The following describes general logic of the enemy and attack patterns, with chances of each attack to be used. Conditions are listed from highest to lowest priority unless specified otherwise.

Epic Battle Fantasy 3

  • Anything → Leaf Stab (2/6), Bite (2/6), Thin Tone Scream (1/6), Deep Tone Scream (1/6).

Epic Battle Fantasy 4

If it would've worked correctly, it would look this way:

  • Berserked → Bite;
  • Syphoned → Leaf Stab;
  • Otherwise → Leaf Stab (1/3), Bite (1/3), Scream (1/3).

However, after deciding which of these patterns to use but before executing an action, an extra line of code — which was likely left there by an accident — overwrites the pattern chosen by a copy of that one initiated when Syphoned, rendering all other patterns impossible.

Trivia

  • EBF3 Bestiary displays the foe as resistant to Blind, yet this status effect does not appear in the game.