|Bomb, Thunder, Earth|
|Wind, Poison, Fire|
|Status resistances||Poison, Stun, Death, Berserk|
|Stats (Level 50, Normal Difficulty)|
Jack is the first boss encountered in Epic Battle Fantasy 3 and a miniboss found in Epic Battle Fantasy 4. In contrast to most nature-themed and animal-based denizens of Vegetable Forest, Jack is a large robot with a pumpkin-like orange outer shell. Notable features include large, powerful arms, four small legs, a single orange-red eye that serves as its only facial feature, a tiny gold crown, and a number of concealed weapons that can emerge from the "face" on its body.
- Jack punches a player for non-elemental damage.
- Jack deals a series of punches to one player, dealing non-elemental damage.
- Jack pounds both of its fists into one of the players for heavy Earth elemental damage.
- Two machine guns come out of the body's "eyeholes" and shoot, dealing Bomb damage to all players.
- Three flamethrowers come out of the body's "mouth" and shoot, dealing Fire damage to all players.
- Jack waves its arm to summon random backup.
- Jack smashes its arm into the ground to cast Eruption. (EBF4 only)
Epic Battle Fantasy 3
Although few equipment parts are available at this point in the game (unless you're playing the New Game), some of them can still be used accordingly to Jack's properties. Naturally, prioritizing weapons that use the elements Jack is weak to (Thunder, Bomb, Earth) is a good idea, while equipping the few armors that increase resistance against his attacks (Earth, Bomb, Fire) should improve player survivability. Because Matt and Lance both use armors from the same category, it is good to divide Army Jacket and Soldier Helmet between them so both will have at least some Bomb resistance.
Hopefully, you have already learned Double Shot, Thunder, Plasma, and some of the Limit Breaks (especially Oblivion). All of these skills will work excellently for the boss battle. Defensive buffs (particularly Protect and Barrier) are also extremely useful.
First, kill Jack's allies - he will probably summon more later on, but this lowers the amount of damage you'll take in a turn. Then you can start go offensive on the boss. Tremor combined with the Gaia Axe can deal good damage. Double Shot combined with Heavy Claw gives the same effect, as it deals bomb elemental damage, which the boss is weak to. Double Shot also increases the chance of Heavy Claw's Defence-lowering effect activating, which will allow you to dish out more damage.
For Limit Breaks, Oblivion will work perfectly here, as Jack is weak to both earth and bomb. Cleaver combined with the Gaia Axe also works well. Natalie's role in this battle is mostly to aid party members with Heal or Healmore, but she should use Thunder on the boss if she get the chance. If Kyun is available, she should save it for when Matt and Lance are ready to use powerful attacks of their own (preferably their own Limit Breaks), or when the entire party is on the verge of being overwhelmed by the enemies.
Epic Battle Fantasy 4
- The design for Jack came from a DeviantART member named Xyionan, who called his design "King Pumpkinbot".
- Jack's name and appearance are a pun on "jack-o-lantern".