|Stats (Level 50, Normal Difficulty)|
- "An angry cactus which uses poison and earth attacks. Has low evade."
- ―Bestiary, Epic Battle Fantasy 4
The Mad Cactus is a semi-sentient plant similar to the Evil Mushroom and Haunted Tree. It appears as a small green cactus with two "arms" and a pink flower on top. Holes in its front create a simple face consisting of two eyes and a mouth—the eyes are slightly mismatched, and the mouth has small protrusions resembling teeth.
Much like its fellow Killer Plants (Haunted Trees and Evil Mushrooms), the Mad Cactus is a low to moderate threat on its own, having several elemental weaknesses, no resistances, and one immunity/absorption. Its main threat comes from its ability to Stun and Poison the party with its special attacks, leaving them vulnerable to other enemies.
In addition to its elemental weaknesses, the Mad Cactus can be largely neutralized as a threat by inflicting Syphon upon it. While Syphoned, it can only use its basic melee attack, making it much more manageable.
Attacks and Abilities
- Hides into the ground, then pops next to one of the players for physical damage.
- Throws pink spores at all players, dealing minor magical damage with a high chance of poisoning the targets.
- Summons three cactus-like clubs underneath the player for moderate physical damage, may stun the target.
The Mad Cactus summon is given to the player after completing a quest for Cactussa, a cactus-loving girl found in the northern part of the Greenwood Village. It costs 30 SP and has 150 Power.
When used, a Mad Cactus will cause cactus clubs to erupt beneath a single foe, dealing three hits of Poison-based physical damage with a chance of stunning the target. This may be particularly useful against foes that couldn't be stunned by usual means because of their high Thunder resistance.