- "Some of you may prefer to use ear plugs now. I CAN'T HEAR MYSELF SPEAK."
- ―Lance, Epic Battle Fantasy 4
Power Metal is a recurring spell in the Epic Battle Fantasy series. It summons two large speakers that briefly play intense rock music, hitting all foes with Wind-elemental magic damage and slightly healing entire party at the same time.
Power Metal appears in all games of the main series, being one of Matt's special skills in Epic Battle Fantasy 1 and 2 and a shared skill for Matt and Lance in Epic Battle Fantasy 3 and 4. In most games, its power can be boosted by equipping a guitar-based weapon such as the Razorback.
EBF4 introduced a Limit Break variant of the Power Metal - the Death Metal, which is essentially a much stronger version of its basic skill as it has the same properties and special effects. Both skills are a reward for completing a quest given in Whitefall Town once again by Calum. The G*bson EB0 has a chance to cast Power Metal between turns in this game.
Epic Battle Fantasy
Power Metal costs 100 MP to use. It deals magic damage to all enemies and also heals the party slightly. It works well with the Rune Blade, which increases Matt's Magic Attack by 30% (thereby boosting both the damage and healing effect of Power Metal).
Epic Battle Fantasy 2
Power Metal has 48 power and 150 accuracy, making it one of the most accurate attacks in the game. It still costs 100 MP to use, and works best with the Razorback, which increases Matt's Magic Attack by 30% and boosts Power Metal's damage.
Two Skill Bonuses are available to improve Power Metal:
- Extreme Metal - Boosts Power Metal's damage by 40%
- Healing Metal - Boosts Power Metal's healing by 30%
Epic Battle Fantasy 3
|Magic that hits all foes and heals all party members.||100%|
|Note: Healing effect's base power is 1/6 of damage effect.|
Epic Battle Fantasy 4
|Targets all foes. Heals all allies. High accuracy.||100%|
|Note: Healing effect has a base power of 12 (equivalent to level 2 Heal More), and is unaffected by level.|
- In the first three games, using Power Metal caused the speakers to play a portion of Through the Fire and Flames by DragonForce (lampshaded by Matt, who says "Through the fire and flames we carry on!" when using Power Metal for the first time).
- In EBF4, the song was changed to Winter Night's Journey (Through The Storm) by LEAF XCEED.