- "Check out my sword collection! All unique. All stolen."
- ―Matt, Epic Battle Fantasy 4
In the first game, a heavily armored figure will appear above the battlefield, who will drop a collection of massive swords, spears and axes, finishing off with a massive version of the Heaven's Gate which will deal significantly more damage than the other weapons. Most of them will rain down at the enemy, but one of them is guarantee to hit Natalie, dealing massive recoil damage. The weapons then glow white before disappearing.
Since the third game, the weapons are merely spawned in mid-air before freefalling. The weapons also no longer deal recoil damage to the caster, and will burn bright red before disappearing.
Epic Battle Fantasy 1
Catastrophe costs 300 MP to use. It hits the enemy 4 times for massive non-elemental damage, and deals about 7500 recoil damage to Natalie. This is often very dangerous, since Natalie always goes last in battle, so Matt can not use a potion on her.
Epic Battle Fantasy 3
Ragnarok is now a Limit Break available to Matt. Despite in game description of it being 25% Holy, it is actually a non-elemental skill.
Epic Battle Fantasy 4
|Limit break! Targets all foes. Hits 5 times.|
|Level||Power||Status Chance||Status Strength||MP||AP Cost|
|Note: The 2 set of numbers belong to the first 4 hits and the Heaven's Gate finisher, respectively.|
Forces the players to jump off the screen, curing Freeze.
- The Black Fang, Sol Spear, and Heaven's Gate can be seen in the Catastrophe animation, while the same Heaven's Gate, plus the Thunder Spear and Silver Blade, can be seen in the Ragnarok version.
- Ragnarok is based on the spell in Golden Sun. In Norse mythology, Ragnarok is the equivalent of the Apocalypse.
- Catastrophe is based on a summon from Golden Sun.