- "Taste the rainbow! (TM!)"
- ―Matt / Anna, Epic Battle Fantasy 4
The Rainbow Rafflesia is an optional boss encountered in Epic Battle Fantasy 4. It's a stronger version of Rafflesia and is fought on Battle Mountain — as such, it's exclusive to the Steam release of the game and the Premium Pack.
Its design is naturally very similar to basic version of this boss — Rafflesia. The differences are: its petals now have all colors of the rainbow, it now has curled vines instead of giant leaves on back, and its teeth are now white instead of yellow.
(insert a mention of eyes and body pimples here)
The Rainbow Rafflesia maintains many of its previous attacks, but now also has whole "rainbow" of elemental AoE spells in its arsenal, such as Firestorm and Gaia Blossom. It also receives a new signature spell, which is is an arched rainbow beam shot from the flower on Raff's head, dealing immense damage to a single target. Rainbow Rafflesia also has one of the strongest AoE buffs in the game, which heals itself, erases negative status effects and buffs, summons cannon fodder in form of Rainblooms, which cast various elemental single-target spells like Fireball and Iceshard.
|A beautiful plant monster which uses poison attacks and all sorts of elemental spells. Summons Rainblooms for support.|
Attacks and Abilities
|Triple Leaf Whip||Single||130/3||----||--||--||--||100%||10%||10%||U||U|
|Notes: On Hard and Epic difficulties, status infliction chance is increased to 100%.|
|Notes: Also casts a Cleanse-like spell on self, clearing any debuffs and status problems.|
On Hard and Epic difficulties, also gives a 9 turns long Bless to all allies.
- "Damn plants, and their healing skills!"
- ―Matt / Lance, Epic Battle Fantasy 4
- ≥65% HP → Leaf Whip (3/12), Thorny Vine (3/12), Firestorm (1/12), Thunderstorm (1/12), Icestorm (1/12), Hurricane (1/12), Bubble Blast (1/12), Gaia Blossom (1/12). Summons a Rainbloom each turn;
- <65% to ≥50% HP → Thorny Vine (3/15), Firestorm (1/15), Thunderstorm (1/15), Icestorm (1/15), Hurricane (1/15), Bubble Blast (1/15), Gaia Blossom (1/15), Rainbow (3/15), Healing Skill (3/15). Keeps summoning Rainblooms;
- <50% to ≥32% HP → Same as before, but with Thorny Vines instead of Thorny Vine. Now summons two Rainblooms per turn instead of just one;
- <32% HP → Triple Leaf Whip (3/18), Thorny Vines (3/18), Firestorm (1/18), Thunderstorm (1/18), Icestorm (1/18), Hurricane (1/18), Bubble Blast (1/18), Gaia Blossom (1/18), Rainbow (3/18), Healing Skill (3/18). Keeps summoning two Rainblooms per turn.
- It may appear that elemental resistance is worthless, due to numerous elements Rainbow Rafflesia uses. That is not true. Some equipment pieces provide a few elemental resistances at once, and when combined wisely, this can give some resistance against most (if not all) of Raff's magic, reducing its damage to Regen-able amounts, or nullifying it outright.
(insert equipment suggestions here)
- Most of Rainbow Rafflesia's offensive abilities target all players, and can inflict nasty status effects, though the chance for the latter isn't too high. Be ready to use Healmore, Slime Bunny and occasionally Purify.
- Surprisingly, unlike basic Rafflesia, Rainbow Rafflesia doesn't resist neither Poison element nor Poison status. Although this tactic isn't much reliable due to the chance of Healing Skill getting used, cancelling Poison and giving an immunity against it for 9 turns, it's worth trying anyway.
- Rainbow Rafflesia's Healing Skill can be used before Bless expires, meaning that it is likely to have a magic defense buff for the rest of the battle. Giga Drill along with an attack buff can be used to outdamage its healing.
(insert the rest of in-battle strategy here)