- "Taste the rainbow! (TM!)"
- ―Matt / Anna, Epic Battle Fantasy 4
The Rainbow Rafflesia is an optional boss encountered in Epic Battle Fantasy 4. It's a stronger version of Rafflesia and is fought on Battle Mountain — as such, it's exclusive to the Steam release of the game and the Premium Pack.
Its design is naturally very similar to basic version of this boss — Rafflesia. The main differences are: its petals now have all colors of the rainbow, it now has curled vines instead of giant leaves on back, and its teeth are now white instead of yellow.
The Rainbow Rafflesia maintains many of its previous attacks, but now also has whole "rainbow" of elemental AoE spells in its arsenal, such as Firestorm and Gaia Blossom. It also receives a new signature spell, which is is an arched rainbow beam shot from the flower on Raff's head, dealing immense damage to a single target. Rainbow Rafflesia also has one of the strongest AoE buffs in the game, which heals itself, erases negative status effects and buffs, summons cannon fodder in form of Rainblooms, which cast various elemental single-target spells like Fireball and Iceshard.
|A beautiful plant monster which uses poison attacks and all sorts of elemental spells. Summons Rainblooms for support.|
|Item Drop Rate|
|Name||Jungle Flower||Pink Potion||Opal||-||-||-||-|
|Damage taken from status effects, in % of maximum health (per turn), including elemental resistances:|
(if Death fails)
|0.56%|| 0.24% per stack,|
up to 2.16%
|Final damage is randomized by ±5% (except for Doom) and rounded down.|
Attacks and Abilities
|Triple Leaf Whip||Single||129/3||----||--||--||--||100%||10%||10%|
|Bubble Blast||All||15||100%|| 40%|
|Notes: On Hard and Epic difficulties, status chance is increased to 100%.|
|Healing Skill|| Self|
| --||--||--|| 20%|
|Notes: Also casts a Cleanse-like spell on self, clearing any debuffs and status problems.|
On Hard and Epic difficulties, also gives 9x Bless to allies.
- "Damn plants, and their healing skills!"
- ―Matt / Lance, Epic Battle Fantasy 4
The following describes general logic of the enemy and attack patterns, with chances of each attack to be used. Conditions are listed from highest to lowest priority unless specified otherwise.
- ≥65% HP → Leaf Whip (3/12), Thorny Vine (3/12), Firestorm (1/12), Thunderstorm (1/12), Icestorm (1/12), Hurricane (1/12), Bubble Blast (1/12), Gaia Blossom (1/12). Summons a Rainbloom each turn;
- <65% to ≥49% HP → Thorny Vine (3/15), Firestorm (1/15), Thunderstorm (1/15), Icestorm (1/15), Hurricane (1/15), Bubble Blast (1/15), Gaia Blossom (1/15), Rainbow (3/15), Healing Skill (3/15). Keeps summoning Rainblooms;
- <49% to ≥32% HP → Same as before, but with Thorny Vines instead of Thorny Vine. Now summons two Rainblooms per turn instead of just one;
- <32% HP → Triple Leaf Whip (3/18), Thorny Vines (3/18), Firestorm (1/18), Thunderstorm (1/18), Icestorm (1/18), Hurricane (1/18), Bubble Blast (1/18), Gaia Blossom (1/18), Rainbow (3/18), Healing Skill (3/18). Keeps summoning two Rainblooms per turn.
- It may appear that elemental resistance is worthless, due to numerous elements Rainbow Rafflesia uses. That is not true. Some equipment pieces provide a few elemental resistances at once, and when combined wisely, this can give some resistance against most (if not all) of Raff's magic, reducing its damage to Regen-able amounts, or nullifying it outright.
- This section is incomplete. You can help Epic Battle Fantasy Wiki by adding required information to it.
To do: This section has more aspects to cover. Any specific suggestions on equipment pieces to take?
- Most of Rainbow Rafflesia's offensive abilities target all players, and can inflict nasty status effects, though the chance for the latter isn't too high. Be ready to use Healmore, Slime Bunny and occasionally Purify.
- Surprisingly, unlike basic Rafflesia, Rainbow Rafflesia doesn't resist neither Poison element nor Poison status. However, this tactic isn't much reliable due to the chance of Healing Skill getting used, cancelling Poison and (on higher difficulties) giving an immunity against it for 9 turns.
- Boss' Healing Skill can be used before Bless expires, meaning that it is likely to have a Magic Defence buff for the rest of the battle. Giga Drill along with an attack buff can be used to outdamage its healing.