Syphon is a recurring status effect in the Epic Battle Fantasy series. Represented by a six-pointed star in a circle, it prevents the victim from using MP (Mana Points). The target can still use normal attacks, items, Limit Breaks and (in Epic Battle Fantasy 4) Summons.
Syphon can be cured with most status-curing items and skills (such as Garlic, Purify, or Medipack). Like most status effects, it also vanishes after the battle, when the victim dies (unless they have Auto-revive), or after a set number of turns.
Many games also feature a skill called Syphon, which attempts to put all enemies under the status effect. In Epic Battle Fantasy 2, it is one of Natalie' standard spells. In Epic Battle Fantasy 3 and 4, it is an unlockable skill that can be taught to any of the players. Syphon also does some minor damage in EBF3.
- The Dreamcatcher can Syphon foes with a standard attack.
- The Steel Shark and the Rune Blade have a chance to Syphon foes with physical attacks.
- Unleashing the Demon Tail, Rune Blade, or the Ark Angel will Syphon the target.
- Many foes such as Spirits, Mage Dogs and Ancient Eyes can Syphon players.
- The Creator's charged attack has a high chance to Syphon all players.
- The base Syphon Spell.
The following items have syphon resistance.
Epic Battle Fantasy 4
|Syphons all foes.||----|